Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Spirit

I stopped celebrating Christmas several years ago. It just wasn't fun anymore. I still listened to the music, which I enjoy. We went around looking at Christmas lights, which I love. I baked a couple of Christmas treats.

Then, we moved to Madison, WI. So far I haven't seen any spectacular displays of Christmas lights. That could partially be due to the fact that I work nights, and am not out looking. But I think that it's not a big deal here. My love of Christmas music has been tested to the limit by having to listen to the piped in crap at work and every store I'm forced to enter during "the season". Christmas music is no longer on my list of things I enjoy.

Just to keep from slipping into a total Bah! Humbug! sort of holiday, I did get up and watch a couple of movies before work today. I enjoyed the computer generated version of "A Christmas Carol" and even tried to summon the proper Christmas Cheer. Realized I'd need spiked eggnog to achieve that, and I can't drink before work. I'd never be able to stay awake!

So, instead, I watched a second movie! (I LOVE Double Features) This is an oldie, but goodie and I totally enjoyed it.Made me realize that I want to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" to round out my Christmas movie trio. Will have to wait until tonight, after work. Then I can drink Hot Buttered Rum while a cry into my hankerchief.

God Bless Us, Everyone!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget