Thursday, May 8, 2008

Does anyone really know what time it is?

That old saying "The more things change, the more they stay the same" is certainly true for me. Lately I've become disgruntled (isn't that a great word, meaning to be in a sulky humor, or moody discontent) with the state of life in general and the lack of stimulation in MY life in particular.

For grins, I looked back at my posts in May 2007, and find I was in this same emotional upheaval then. However, I was thinking of ways to get myself out of it. I realized that I hadn't carried through with my solutions. Maybe I'll try again. At least last year I was trying to untangle myself from the predicament. This year I'm not even trying. Yet?
It occurs to me that maybe this is a Spring condition. In the past, it was customary to Spring Clean the house. To open the windows, let in the fresh air, wash all the bedding and linen, beat the rugs, starch the curtains, polish everything until it sparkles. (Does anyone actually DO this anymore?)

Maybe I'm trying to Spring Clean my mind, my attitudes, my values and expectations.

If time is a spiral, I've just completed another round. It's Spring, so one revolution has happened. Usually I look out from this vantage point and realize that while I'm in the same place, I'm not in the same space. Usually I realize that I'm up a rung, or notch, or however you'd quantify being a little bit higher than last time.

Sadly, this time I'm afraid that I've revolved to a lower level on the space/time continuum. Is this a bad thing? I'm not sure. I believe it's meaningful and I think it's going to take a little introspection to come to any real conclusions. Guess I know what I'll be doing for the next.......?

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget