Thursday, February 2, 2012

02/02

When I chose 02/02/02 as our wedding date, it wasn't because it was Groundhog Day! I chose that day because of the symmetry of the numbers. Plus, it would be easy to remember! The fact that our Anniversary always occurs on Groundhog Day has become a excuse to watch "Groundhog Day" and reflect on what it means to love and be in love. Sort of like watching "It's A Wonderful Life" every year at Christmastime. Makes you feel good about being alive!

So, this was our 10 Year Anniversary! I remind my husband every year that we were handfast as well as married. To me, that means that we renew the commitment each year. He always tells me that he is in this for the long haul and has no intention of reneging on his promise. I figure that I'll give him, and me, a loophole every year, in case one of us change our minds.This year, celebrating a decade of married commitment, we did an actual ceremony, repeated our updated vows to one another, wound our hand together in his favorite turquoise necklace, and drank champagne to celebrate our new lease. It WAS special. There were tears and smiles, kisses and hugs. It was really special and I'm glad that we have signed up for another year!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget