Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

Olbrich Gardens, Ornamental Cherry trees, photo by John Savino
We had the hot, summer weather. Then it dropped to 40 one day, and we were reminded it is only March. We had a week of high 50's and low 60's. Overnight the grass greened up. On March 28, I caught the first scent of Freshly Mowed Grass, mixed with gasoline from the mower engine. Walking to work, a woman was mowing her lawn!! A few blocks later, there was a man mowing. Wisconsin. March 28. Mowing the Lawn. This is NOT normal, folks. Good, but not normal.
Along with the grass greening up, all the "mock" trees burst into bloom. This is several weeks sooner than I've ever seen it. Once the blooming occurred, it's become cooler. Which is great, as it may make it last a bit longer. Unfortunately, the cooler weather has also included several days of grey, uninteresting skies. I miss the sunshine. Not to worry. The sun will be back Sunday, which I have off. And Monday, which I also have off, will see a return of the heat! So, I'll be walking around drinking in all the Beauty that is Blooming this Spring. Life is Good.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget