Friday, March 14, 2008

Doldrums!


This week has been warm enough that all the snow has melted off the road! This is the first time this winter we've driven on pavement instead of packed snow. I can see small patches of grass as the yards melt, but we still have a long way to go.

Our household has been ill. Guess there is yet another epidemic going around and we both caught it. Coughs, colds, runny nose, chills, fever...all the fun stuff. We both missed two days of work in addition to our two days off. So, for four days we basically did nothing but sleep, drink plenty of fluids, and take lots of medicine that didn't make any difference.

Because the weather is warming up and I don't want the basement to flood again, I "built" a 8" styrofoam wall and taped it to the floor with Gorilla Glue tape. The wall follows the same pattern as the towel parade from the last flood. I am hoping to keep the water in the space between my little walls, so it is directed to the drain in the laundry room.

Sure enough, when some water came into the house, it was NOT in my walled in area. It was 3 feet beyond, in an area that hadn't had any water yet. So, I put down towels, and bought some disposable diapers to line the area. We didn't get too much water, about 5 diapers worth (WOW, the diapers worked GREAT!) and a few damp towels.

That's it. The area outside where the water came in last time has dried out already. I can't see where any more runoff could come from. So, I built my little wall for nothing! Guess I'll take it down. Yep, that's about the way things have been going.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget