Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Shell Seekers

Sunday night I needed something to read, and found myself without a book. Standing in front of the bookcase, I contemplated which of my favorite books would give me the most joy right now. And so I found myself reading "The Shell Seekers" again. I've read it at least half a dozen times. I enjoy it every time.

Sure enough, within the first few chapters, I was hooked. Even though I know the book, I suspend my knowledge and allow the story to be fresh, if not new. Ms. Pilcher writes in such a way, that I feel I am in England. The characters feel like old friends that I'm catching up with.I read it quickly, it was over too soon, and I'm suffering from the "but I want more" scenerio. Not to worry. I'll read it again next year, and the year after that, on and on.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget