Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hopes are High!

At 2:30am I was awakened by a noise I couldn't identify. I sleep with a cool mist humidifier right next to the bed, and block out most sound with the white noise it makes.

I didn't really want to wake up, but this new noise was persistent. Coming a little more out of the sleep realm, I wonder if there are mice running across the rafters in the ceiling above my head. This thought brought me a little more awake, so I stopped to really listen. At first I couldn't identify what this sound was, and then I knew. It was raindrops hitting the window. Very gentle, no particular rhythm, but loud enough to catch my attention and wake me up to notice.

As I went back to sleep I was smiling. Rain, not snow was falling. When I got up, it was raining for real. With the temperature in the 40's and a steady downfall, I figured the 6 foot pile of snow at the edge of the driveway might just melt!

This week we're scheduled for daytime temperatures in the 40's and low 50's, with some rain. So, I think Spring might finally be coming!!!!

When I went outside at 5:30am to go to work, I knew we were finally into Spring. Even though it was still dark, there were birds singing and chirping everywhere. Guess that eternal Spring impulse is finally at work. Thank Goodness.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget