Friday, April 25, 2008

April Showers


We have Leaves on the trees! The grass is greening up and some of the early flower bulbs are in bloom! Everything is new and alive and it feels wonderful! Turns out these aren't leaves. They are blossoms, complete with pollen! But it sure is pretty.

We're also getting some rain. This is more than April Showers. During the night we had thunder and lightening that woke me up and kept me awake. It stopped for awhile, but now we're getting the beginning of a storm that should last for hours. More thunder and lightening and a steady, light rain.

Guess we'll be having more of the temporary flooding, and the ground is already saturated. The neighbors yard looks like a small lake again.

It's nice to be home, all warm and safe, watching through the windows. My story will change, no doubt, when I have to get out in it to go to work. But that's HOURS away. For now, I'll just keep watching.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget