Monday, July 21, 2008

Movies on the Big Screen

Today I totally indulged myself with a favorite activity. I went to the movies, a Double Feature! (Not a scheduled Double Feature. I had to buy two tickets and plan the time so there was no big wait involved. I have to say, I'm a GREAT planner!)
First I saw Mamma Mia
Let me say that I go to the movies to be entertained. If I forget myself during the process, it is pretty much a success in my book. I'm willing to overlook many things and suspend my disbelief to be entertained. I go to the movies to Escape, and if I leave feeling happy I usually say I enjoyed the film.

That said, this movie was borderline at times. I was amused, and pretty amazed at the way the Abba songs were inserted into the plot. But hey, it was a musical so there are certain allowances to be made. I was also amazed at the people doing the singing. Meryl Streep has a good voice. Pierce Brosnan wasn't great, but he was ok and occasionally good.
The parts of the movie that made me smile and occasionally laugh out loud were the big production numbers with many people dancing and singing together. I adore synchronization! I would LOVE to be somewhere when people started dancing and singing spontaneously.

I left that theatre smiling. It was only five minutes until the next film started, so I made a beeline for the ladies room and got to my seat with moments to spare.

Next I saw Sex and the City
It was so nice to revisit the girls in New York and catch up with their lives. I was thoroughly entertained. I laughed, I cried, and I was defiantly smiling when I left the theatre.

As I got in the car to drive home, I said to myself "I could do this EVERY day" and I meant every word!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget