Sunday, December 21, 2008

Frosted Windowpanes

It's 8am, and the temperature is hovering at 10 below! We're going for a high today of 4 degrees! Welcome to the first official day of Winter!!

We've had more snow. Beautiful snow. The last batch was light and fluffy and SPARKLING. Everywhere you look, it's glittering and twinkling. Probably because it's little ice crystals, dah! Even though there were 6-7 inches of snow on my car, it was easy to whisk it off. No scraping or chipping. It was like I was removing the snow magically, it was so easy.

Of course with such light snow, the wind is able to blow it around. It's not just going to be cccccccold today, it's going to be blustery. With the wind chill, the temperature is going to be 20 - 34 degrees BELOW 0. (I wish we'd use the Celsius standard)

We both have the day off. I'm sipping hot chocolate while I watch Winter out the window. The sky is clear, so when the sun begins to stream into our apartment, I'll do a little sun bathing. I've a big vat of oxtail soup simmering on the stove. I don't plan to step foot outside today!

I'll just keep humming the Christmas song with the lyric, "frosted windowpanes...."

Update: At noon, the temperature is -6. I don't think we're going to make it to the predicted 4 degrees above 0 today!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget