Saturday, December 20, 2008

Harry Potter

A few weeks ago, I needed a book to read. Looking through my bookcases for a little light reading, I decided to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I love the first book, and thought I'd read it, the end.

Ha! At the end of book 1, I HAD to go on to book 2... etc ...finishing up with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. This is the third time I've read the last book. The others were read each time a new book came out, as I'd read all the previous books to be prepared for the latest installment. So, I've read the Harry Potter book a number of times.
Again, I was sucked into the stories as though they were brand new. Little details that I'd previously missed jumped out at me, and I was astounded at the number of clues we've been given right from the start!! J.K. Rowling is one of my favorite writers. Every time I read the series, I'm reminded of what a clever witch she is.

I've seen the ads for the new book, but it had escaped me that I was rereading the series in preparation for The Tales of Beedle the Bard. I'm trying to limit myself to one story per day, so I can make it last. Thank you Ms. Rowling for another wonderful read!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget