Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Books I'm Reading

Guess I've been in a non-fiction phase with my reading. It started with reading two books co-written by Lance Armstrong. Then I read one that someone else wrote about him, just to keep the story unbiased. I was totally impressed with what he has accomplished. Since I knew nothing about cycling, very little about battling cancer, and what it takes to live a life that has been changed by celebrity--it was very interesting reading. I highly recommend the books. "It's not about the Bike" "Every Second Counts" "Lance Armstron's War.."

Then, I read John Woods account of leaving Microsoft to change the world. WOW! I'm so impressed with what people with some determination can achieve. And not just achieve, but inspire in others. This book gave me a lot to think about and made me hopeful of the possibilities for all of us to change the world, one book at a time. "Leaving Microsoft to Change the World: An Entrepreneur's Odyssey to Educate the World's Children"

While on vacation in Utah, I read "Between A Rock and a Hard Place" by Aron Ralston. It was the account of the man who had to amputate his hand to survive the hike he was on. What a powerful book that was for vacation reading! He tells a very honest account of his process and it was riveting.

Finally, I read a book suggested by my goddaughter, Emma, called "The Thief Lord". It was entertaining, fun to read and quite surprising at times. We hope to read many books together in the years to come.

So, what have YOU been reading?

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget