Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Utah Vacation



I'd forgotten how relaxing it is to be on vacation. I didn't think about work for a single second the entire time I was away! That is HUGE for me.

Utah in the Spring is something to see. Especially since Wisconsin had snow storms the first two days I was away. In Utah, the trees were in blossom, the grass was green and the Spring flowers were up: tulips, daffodils, hyacinth---just beautiful. I purposly chose this time of year to go because Thanskgiving Point Gardens were holding their Tulip Festival. It was worth the trip and I hope to see this many more times in years to come.

The highlight of my trip was a visit to Zion National Park with my sister. We had a great time catching up and laughing and just being together. Zion was magnificant, as always. We hiked and relaxed and I reconnected with my Spiritual Center. I certainly didn't want to leave (I never do) and think I have a way to get back on a more permanent basis next year!
Seeing family and friends was restorative. The kids have all grown and are interesting to talk to. The adults provide laughter and shared history and memories. We shared some remarkable meals, conversations and connections.

It was over too soon, but will remain in my memory for months to come.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget