Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm Hooked

Trying to find links to the YouTube films that I want has turned me into a TV junkie! Reminds me of my childhood when we would watch anything. TV was new then (three channels), and YES, that dates me. We would spend hours in front of the TV. When I think of the time I've spent in front of the tube in my lifetime---I'm staggered.

I gave up television three years ago. We still have a TV, but use it for movies and shows that come on DVD. No commercials, no clicking through the endless stations of junk. I've been productive, read a lot, had a life.

But I guess that addictions never really go away. They just hide under the surface, waiting for you to release them and become a junkie again. Yep, that's me. The YouTube junkie.

I'll find something to watch, and several other related videos pop up. So I click on one of them, and even more pop up! I spend way too much of my valuable time sitting in front of this computer (with my headphones on) watching...nothing, and everything.

As I said in my statement. Some of it is amazing, some of it is utter drivel, much of it is a complete waste of time. Just like early television. Guess it's come full circle and claimed me. Again.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget