Saturday, June 16, 2007

Hurt Foot Nearly Better

Yesterday the doctor said I can quit wearing the boot (YEAH!) and get back to my normal life. However, I cannot go barefoot! or wear flip-flops or most of my sandals!! She must have seen the look of horror on my face when she said this, because she was very gentle about insisting that I follow this advice. My feet must be supported so that the tissue can continue to strengthen.

She also wanted me to have orthotics made, but I've been that route at least 4 times in the past, and I never like them, hardly want to wear them, and find them uncomfortable. So, I got out of it with a pair of over the counter shoe supports, that I am supposed to wear all the time. She said that if I can find enclosed sandals that the supports can fit in, I can wear those sandals. I suppose it's better than nothing.

My foot feels odd out of the boot. My ankle is wobbly and my foot hurts in other areas. I guess this is to be expected, as my muscles and tendons were used differently in the boot. I was assured that things will get back to "normal" soon.

I'm grateful for the ability of my body to heal and repair itself. I imagine that without this ability we would just keep collecting a series of mishaps and calamities until the body gave out. I think I'll reread "The God Memorandum" by Og Mandino. It always makes me appreciate what a wonderful machine the body is!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget