Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cirque du Soleil

For years I've been fascinated with Cirque du Soleil, but always at a distance. I've seen it on TV, and rented DVD's. I've even bought a soundtrack of the amazing music.

So, when I saw that my favorite theatre, Sundance Cinema, was featuring a showing, I took the opportunity to go!

DELIRIUM is a multifaceted event of unprecedented proportion featuring Cirque du Soleil music remixed. Driven by an urban tribal beat and awe-inspiring visuals, musicians, singers and dancers transform the arena into joyous frenzy. DELIRIUM is the quest for balance in a world increasingly out of sync with reality. DELIRIUM is an urban tale, a state-of-the-art mix of music, dance, theatre and multimedia. (this was from the press release)

The tickets were $20 each! At first I thought, I can't spend that much money for a MOVIE! But I really wanted to see it, so I began the justifying process. "A ticket to a LIVE event can go from $60 - $150 or more. I live in Wisconsin. I don't think Cirque du Soleil comes here. This is a chance to see a performance up close and personal for a fraction of the cost. In ways it might be better, as the camera will be able to see things I might miss with my eyes." (All this conversation in my head happened in a couple of moments. I was pretty easy to persuade!!)


What a treat! From beginning to end, it was an extravaganza of color and motion and sound. The costumes are so over the top! The music, especially the drumming, made me want to stand up and Dance. The performers were inspiring. It is amazing to see what the human body is capable of: The strength, the flexibility, the endurance, the sheer bravado, was stunning to watch. I was amazed, amused, and totally capitavitated. It was worth every penny!!!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget