Friday, September 12, 2008

State of Mind

I'm trying hard to get to that place where "If I Don't Mind, It Doesn't Matter." It's elusive. Especially now. All this talk about the elections. I'm trying hard NOT to pay attention. I don't have TV, so I'm mostly spared having to see the circus. I don't take the newspaper, so I rarely have to read about the ongoing mudslinging. I try not to listen to the radio, but tuning out the ongoing debate among my coworkers is difficult. Some days I'm forced to don my headphones to save my sanity.

Then someone sent me the latest JibJab hazing, which put it into perspective. Push the arrow to watch.
Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!


It's not that I don't want to be informed. I do. I just want to do it on MY terms. I get most of my information from the Internet. It gives me all I can handle, which usually means about 20 minutes of my time. I have to take tiny bites and digest the information before I can take any more in. It is hard work to push through the opinions, and the mudslinging, and the bullshit, not to mention the dogma from the political parties.
So, when the going gets tough...I google CAMPAIGN HUMOR. People out there are documenting it all: the good, the bad, the ugly, and the funny. It feels MUCH better to laugh about it than to let it get me down. So, I take a few minutes to look at the videos, read the cartoons, and enjoy the satire. Only 50+ more days to endure/enjoy this process!!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget