Saturday, December 1, 2007

Welcome to Wisconsin Winter!

Weather predictions are, well, unpredictable! I think a good weatherman--oops, weatherperson, has a bit better than 50/50 chance of being correct. That said, our current weather prediction has been 100% on target! They predicted 3-5 inches of snow, followed by sleet, then freezing rain. We got more like 6-8 inches of snow, but the sleet came at the prescribed moment and I'm fully expecting it to turn to icy drizzle by midnight.
Loren had to work OUTSIDE in it all day. He came home dripping wet and was sent to take a hot shower while I fixed Hot Chocolate. Not just ANY hot chocolate, but one of those exotic kinds with the hot chili's in it. You get a double glow, which went down just fine on this cold evening. The gingersnap that accompanied this treat was pure pleasure!

Now that we're snug as a bug in a rug, with a whole evening in front of us, I think I'll light a fire (this new fireplace is unknown and untested by me--so I'm hoping not to fill the house with smoke) put on some relaxing music, open a bottle of champagne that has been waiting patiently in the fridge for its moment of consumption, and try to totally relax and unwind.

I can hear that the wind has picked up and is now blowing the sleet into the windows. Thank God we're both home safely and don't have to venture out again tonight. Welcome to Winter---Wisconsin style!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget