Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lightening Strikes!


Why is Lightening so fascinating? When I was young, it frightened me, mostly because of the thunder that usually follows. But now, as an adult, I love thunder because of the association with lightening, which fascinates me.I can watch storms for hours. If I know a storm is coming in the night, I leave the drapes open so that I'm awakened by the light and sounds. I don't mind being awake if it's storming. When I do go back to sleep, I sleep so peacefully.
I've read books about lightening strikes, people struck by lightening, surviving lightening strikes. Endlessly fascinating. However, I don't want to be one of those struck! I'd sign up in a moment if I knew I'd survive intact, but that's a lot of raw energy that can rearrange your mind and body. I'll keep watching from afar, enjoying it from the safety of my house or porch. Mother Nature, you are one Powerful Force!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget