Monday, January 16, 2012

They have HANDS!

Easter Island. The mysterious statues we all know by sight have been speculated about for centuries. From Wickipedia we learn that the statues, called "mo‘ai, are monolithic human figures carved from rock on the Chilean Polynesian island of Easter Island between the years 1250 and 1500."
How they were carved, moved into place and WHY are all questions that have no definite answers. However in October 2011, the Easter Island Statue Program began Excavation Season V.
I was surprised to randomly come across a picture of an excavated statue, and see that the head also has a body and HANDS! Suddenly it made me realize that the things we've taken for granted forever are always open to more and new interpretation! I love when something changes right before my eyes and I have a new understanding. In fact, it's the thing I find most gratifying about being alive.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget