Friday, September 21, 2007

Fall Color

A little bird told me that the Fall Color is ON in Utah. I'm impatiently waiting for the color to happen in Wisconsin.
So, I did a Google search and found an interesting link that can benefit everyone! Darren Smith has an article on About.com that lists the hotline number for the Fall Color Report in various States (see link on sidebar)

The hotline listed for the Wisconsin weekly fall color report: Foliage Hotline: 800-432-8747

I called the number. It is 7:25pm on a Friday night. I expected to get a recording. Instead, I got a very friendly woman that read me the report for several areas I was planning to visit this weekend. Unfortunately I have to be patient a little longer. There are NO reports of good color yet, even up North! Most of the areas are predicting 2-5 weeks before we see COLOR.
In the meantime, we'll make a trip to Door County to pick apples, buy fresh pressed Apple Cider and Carmel Apples. Maybe I'll even find some Pumpkin Pie!! (Must stop--I've drooled on the computer!) I bought mums in fall colors, Indian Corn and interesting Gourds to decorate the house. Anything to amuse myself until we can go Leaf Peeping!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget