Monday, September 3, 2007

Change is in the Air....

Can you smell it? Fall is in the air. I can smell it in the evening, as the day cools. I can see it in the colors of the trees. They are not an "alive" green anymore. They are still green, but it is not that intense, growing green color. Some of the trees have even begun to change color! I've seen a little yellow and a smattering or orange. I'm excited for the color change. It's my FAVORITE time of year. Since my birthday is the last day of September, when I was young, I always thought that this color display was put on for my benefit. Now that I'm older and more mature, I KNOW IT'S FOR ME!!

Today, one lone yellow leaf fell in front of me while I was driving. I smiled for the next mile.

This year, I'm having all sorts of Fall changes. I've given notice at my job. We've alerted the apartment complex that we're vacating, and I've begun looking for where we'll go and what I'll do. If I allowed it, I could get a little anxious about what's to come, but I try to head that emotion off at the pass. I truly believe that just the right living situation will come along, and the perfect job is just waiting for me to fill it. If we do it right, the move could be easy and stress free, so that by the time Fall is over, we'll be settling into our new lifestyle.

My plan is to allow each day to unfold with only a little manipulation from me. My job is to be aware and present and make each decision when the time is right. There is so much to see and feel and smell and experience. I'm praying for the patience to let it be what it is, to enjoy it as it unfolds, and to not hurry any part of the process. Wish me luck.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget