Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Let's Talk


Last night we watched the movie "The Guardian" with Kevin Costner. It was a good movie about the Coast Guard, particularly their rescue swimmers. It caused me to do a little soul searching. For the past few weeks, I've been evaluating my life, my goals, my talents and abilities, and my determination level.

It has been an uncomfortable few weeks. I've come to realize that I lead a pretty ordinary life, without any real highs and lows. It is exactly what I created, so I can't complain. But it isn't enough anymore. I'm ready for a little more diversity, to get out of my comfort zone, push the envelope.

I've created a time frame for the change and put the events in motion. It's a little uncomfortable just now, because I'm in limbo, waiting for new patterns to emerge, new directions to pursue, and a new set of variables to dictate my behavior.

The part that worries me is whether or not I'll use this opportunity to actually change. Can I overcome years of habit and preference to allow better things to happen? Can I summon and sustain the energy necessary to break out of my inertia? Can I accept more? Can I allow the Universe/Me to create what I really want? Or will I find myself settling, again, for what I can get easily?

Time will tell. I just hope the tale is interesting.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget