Thursday, July 12, 2007

Life's Roller Coaster

At various times in my life, I've viewed my existence as a carousel, a roller coaster, a meaningless mess, and an exciting adventure. Just now, we're back on the roller coaster. The ups and downs are occurring with such speed, that sometimes I experience the diversity in a matter of seconds. Other times we're on a long, uphill pull, that hopefully will bring some thrills and delight as we speed downhill. I don't like being in the trough at the bottom. The roller coaster metaphor assures that I don't spend too much time at the bottom before beginning the ascent again.

Today, I'm throwing my hands in the air and screaming at the top of my lungs as we rip downhill at what seems like the speed of light. It was one disaster after another this morning, followed by hours and hours of tedium and boredom. Tonight, I was happy to relinquish my seat and get off. I have shaking legs and mild dizziness from the end ride, but THANK GOD today is over. Now I plan to drink a couple of beers and relax, so that I can face whatever tomorrow brings. Please, let it be better!!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget