Monday, July 9, 2007

Time Travel?


Yesterday I saw three films that all had to do with time distortion. The first was a short film about saying goodbye to an incident in the past by having the past come to say goodbye to you! I could relate to this, as I've been there, done that.

Next was a film from my Spiritual Cinema Club starring Kirk Douglas. It is about the Akashic Records and trying to remedy an event from the past to create a different future. Ok, been there, done that (or have been trying).

The final film was Deja Vu, starring Denzel Washington. WOW! What a film. It was great. When the movie was over, I realized that it was the third message about healing and/or changing the past, by altering time.

What am I supposed to get from that? I truly believe it is significant. I believe in the power of 3, and that I got a concentration of the message in the same day makes it something I really need to pay attention to. But I'm not sure what to do with it. Can I travel back in time? Fix something from the past to make my future and NOW better? I'd love to! But so far, I haven't come in contact with an angel, or a machine, or even an event to trigger the healing.

So, I went to bed thinking of my past, and thinking about what I'd alter in that past to change my future. It was an eyeopener for me. All these years (30+) I've thought that if I had the chance, I'd change what happened. But looking back from where I am right now, I realized that maybe I wouldn't change it. Those events were the catalyst to bring me to who I am. I like/love who I am. It's taken me a long time to get here, where I'm comfortable with myself and proud of who I am. If I change the event, make it never happen--who would I be?

Recently I received my Reiki initiations. One of the things it enables me to do is to send healing energy back to myself and events that need healing, and/or to send healing energy to me in the future! Pretty tripy. So, instead of changing the events of my past, I sent healing energy to me so that I could get on with my life faster. I spent many, many years in guilt and shame and misery before I began my healing process. I want to soften that process, and not allow that past ME to be so guilt ridden. The guilt doesn't serve any purpose except to create misery. As Joan Borysenko says, "Guilt is the Teacher, Love is the Lesson". So, I'm happy to get on with the Love Lesson. Who knows, one day, I may wake up to a different, better reality.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget