Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Move is On!

Now that we're writing 11/01, I realize that we have 5 days to accomplish this move!! Did I mention that I HATE the physical part of moving? I do, truly. I've been trying to pack, but I haven't accomplished anywhere near enough.

Selling off our excess furniture is going well. Thank goodness for Craigslist. I'd taken pix and listed several items. The e-mail response was good, and the first week saw half our postings find new homes. Then we realized that the desk we'd listed for sale was injured, and needed to be given away rather than sold.

I e-mailed all the people that had wanted to buy it, told them it was now FREE. None of them wanted it. So, I put an ad on the Free list at Craigslist, and had 47 responses the first day! More responses keep coming, and I just want someone to take it off my hands so I can delete the post!

Guess the bed may go today. We'll be sleeping on the floor until we move, and then possibly on the floor at the new place until we find a bed. I made an offer to someone else from Craigslist, but haven't heard back from them.

Yesterday I went by the new apartment. The woman has moved to CA, and the painters had been busy. I was looking in the windows (yes, I've turned into a Peeper!) and realized it is MUCH smaller than I remember. Could be it looks that way without any furniture to give it perspective.

No more procrastinating, I've got to get packing!

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget