Sunday, February 18, 2007

I want it NOW!

I finished reading "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay. Close to the end, I wanted to slow down as I didn't want the story to be over. And once it was, I was sort of left hanging. It didn't finish the story. Not the whole story. So, I got online to see what else Mr. Courtenay had written, what other formats "The Power of One" comes in (Audible--goody!) and to order the movie to come ASAP. I found that there IS a sequel to the book. It's titled "Tandia" and is also available on Audible. I want it in book form first. I enjoy reading. So, I check out the local library to see if the title is available, and if not, to reserve it. Hummmmm, it's not even on the list. I turn to Amazon, and find that it isn't available for sale anymore, but I can buy a used copy. Next, I check out Barnes & Noble. I want to read it NOW. I have another day off tomorrow and the story is waiting for me. No luck. It isn't for sale anymore, except as a used item. I order it and pay extra to have it shipped quickly.

How spoiled I've become. I want INSTANT results, instant gratification. No waiting for this girl. So of course I get the lesson of patience from the Universe. The bookseller says the book will arrive by March 2. Oh me. Oh my. I'm so onery I could cry.

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget