Friday, February 2, 2007

Which one are you?

Knowing that not much is truly Black and White, but varying shades of grey, I've been thinking about where I fall on the spectrum of holding a grudge. Watching an interaction between two people I know, I witnessed a dynamic that made me uncomfortable. As I was driving home I realized what had bothered me. One of the people is a grudge holder, the other a let-bygones-be-bygones type. I quickly identified with the easy going person, but could remember an ability to carry a grudge. What a relief to know that is pretty much in my past. Sure, I get angry. Sometimes I'm so riled up I wonder that I don't spontaneously combust! But it's over quickly and once past, forgotten. I might remember to approach the person or incident differently the next time, maybe not, but I don't carry the cargo of resentment into the next encounter. At least I try not to. I'm not much for paybacks or getting even. Well, I try to keep even with the good stuff. If you did me a favor, I remember that and try to repay it with interest. But the negative stuff--I like to let it go. It doesn't feel good for me to hold onto. Some people thrive on it. How about YOU? Where do you fall on the spectrum?

Tell Me Who/Where You Are!

My Personal Widget